St. Casimir’s Church. 2 New Town Market Square. Created in the years 1688-1692 thanks to the support of the John III Sobieski and Queen Marysieńka Foundation.Designed by Tylman of Gameren. It is considered to be one of the most outstanding masterpieces of ascetic, classicizing baroque.During the Warsaw Uprising it functioned as a hospital and communication route for the insurgents. It was destroyed and rebuilt after the war.