The station building and railway station in Świdnica. It was established in 1844 as Schweidnitz during the construction of the line from Jaworzyna Śląska to Świdnica.Originally it was a head station and was located outside the borders of the contemporary fortress at the fork of today’s WalerianŁukasinski and Kanonierska Streets. It was moved to its present location during the extension of the line to Dzierżoniów.